Keeping Kids At Home.
The Keeping Kids at Home (KKAT) program has been developed to support children and young people who are on the edge of care. We use prevention and early intervention frameworks to avoid family breakdown. KKAT also works with young people transitioning from out of home care and back into the family home.
The KKAT program provides:
• Intensive in-home support
• Weekly planning and family journey mapping
• Parental coaching and support
• Positive behaviour management
• Safety planning and implementation
• Critical incident debriefing and support
• Supervising family contact
• Brokerage services
• Mediation services – children, young people,
family, grandparents, kinship and carers
• Strengthening cultural and family connection
• Health and well-being support and lifestyle
• Prevention and early intervention
Other services provided:
• On call support
• Solution-focused counselling
• Circle of Security Training – in home
• 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching
Our Core Goals
- Provide tools and strategies to educate and empower parents and ensure their children are thriving in their environment.
- Preserve families and provide holistic wrap around supports.
- Assist children and young people to build resilience and employ a strengths-based approach.
YCSS believes that every child and young person can achieve and believe in themselves when given the right environment, opportunity and appropriate level of support by a team of professionals to support their needs.
We know it is vital that we provide each young person with a safe and positive environment where they have a sense of identity, belonging and the right support.
KKAT’s intervention program is tailored to the needs of each family. Families are assessed in relation to the complexity of their support needs.
Intervention hours can vary from 3 hours to 40 hours per week. We offer flexible service delivery and are available to work weekends.